First off, everyone needs a meal like this up their sleeve. It’s perfect if you’re in a hurry, over budget, have no skills in the kitchen or if you’re just feeling a little lazy. Or all of the above. You can easily make it for one person or modify the recipe to feed your entire family. It’s so versatile, too. Add in more veggies, or some leftover meat.. The possibilities are endless.
I had no intention of posting this recipe. If you can even call it a recipe. I didn’t exactly measure anything and there’s seriously no skills required. It’s embarrassingly easy. But being the pasta lover that I am, I was very pleased with myself for making myself a tasty lunch for one.
And can I just point out how slow I was to jump on the sriracha bandwagon? I love spicy foods, so it just doesn’t make sense.. but really. I’m never going back now. SRIRACHA ON EVERYTHING. I’m even dying to try the sriracha beer. I can’t even begin to imagine what it tastes like, but that’s why I’m so intrigued.
You can order it at Rogue. And while you’re at it, check out some of their other ale’s, if that’s your thing. They have a voodoo doughnut mango astronaut ale.. I mean, come on, is there a beer on the plant with a cooler name? I don’t think so.
So, back to the task at hand..
- Block of instant or ramen noodles
- About 1/2 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 3-4 tablespoons of soy sauce. (This is an estimate. Like I said, I didn’t measure anything, but put on just enough to coat the noodles)
- Sriracha to taste
- Green onions to garnish
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Drain noodles and return to pot along with garlic. Put pot back on the heat for about 2 minutes to saute the garlic.
- Add noodles back to pot and toss with garlic.
- Add soy sauce and sriracha. Serve with green onions.
Like I said, get creative with this dish and let me know what you come up with!